Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's Been A While

Yeah I know what I said... I need to update the blog more regularly. I do have a good excuse, though.

You see, I am a financial analyst/credit analyst for a bank here in Lexington (in fact, I am the ONLY analyst). That has its pro's and con's. The pro's - I work for myself, basically. I really don't have a boss except for the owner of the bank, so I run my "department" as I see fit. Very few people really understand what I do and the ones who do understand it don't want to do it, so I have a pretty high level of job security. The con's - I'm the only one who knows what I do and wants to do it, so when we have our yearly external audits (which we're currently smack dab in the middle of), I can't really get out of dealing with it. So I have to answer all the stupid questions and make sure our loan files are up to date before "the man" comes to town. That makes for very long days (and nights).

In addition to all the current happenings, my bank also bought another bank in a neighboring community. So, I have to examine all that bank's large loans before we buy them and merge them into our corporation. Luckily, this bank doesn't have that many large loans, so I don't expect I will have to deal with many headaches from this.

HOWEVER, I had a trip to Destin, FL planned for Memorial Day weekend that I had to back out on because of all this work stuff I'm dealing with. It's frustrating.

I know I've probably bored you to tears by now so I'll shut up. Just wanted to let you know why I haven't been posting as much lately. I promise I'll try to do better.

You can now go about your business...

No comments: