Monday, May 12, 2008

New Indiana Jones Movie - Hit or Miss?

I'm proud to say that I know absolutely nothing about the new Indiana Jones movie except for the title and who's in it. I have been waiting a long time for a new Indy adventure, and I've made it this far virtually spoiler free. However, I am a little worried by some of the headlines I've been seeing, like: Indy 4 - The Movie You've Been Dreading. Still, other headines are really positive and even compare the new film to The Wrath of Khan in terms of movie greatness. I don't know. I guess we'll all find out next week... Until then, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. As long as it's not as bad as The Temple of Doom with whiney, screechy Kate Capshaw I think I'll be happy.

3 comments:

Patrick said...

I'm kinda worried that it's gonna suffer from the same sickness that the latest Die Hard supposedly had (which I didn't actually see) in that they'll overuse CG.

Just because you can use computers to make Indiana Jones do all kinds of cool things doesn't mean you should. I realize there's a danger that making Harrison Ford do stunts at his age will result in a broken hip or pooping his pants, but still - replacing cool, real world action with computer animated stunts would suck, I think.

Mark said...

That's exactly what I'm afraid of. CG is cool when it's used as a tool. The Lord of the Rings trilogy utilized heavy CG, but they also used miniature sets so that things looked a bit more real or tangible. I'm abit skeptical of anything George Lucas is involved with these days after the Star Wars prequels. He basically raped my childhood with those and the Special Editions!

Christian Stevenson said...

Well said gentlemen, well said!