Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend

After work Friday, I came home, took a quick shower, changed clothes, got my Bonnaroo tickets via UPS, and headed out to Keeneland for Taste of the Bluegrass. I think I sampled every single bourbon this great commonwealth has to offer - oh, and I ate some pretty good food, too! Once again, Abuelo's won my vote for best food booth for the stuffed jumbo shrimp alone. If you've never attended Taste of the Bluegrass you should seriously consider going next year. It's always a good time and it's for a great cause.

After Taste of the Bluegrass, I met up with some friends at Atomic Cafe for Browning's Bachelor Party Night #1. I love Atomic in the summertime, but I have to admit, it was a bit too crowed and hot for my taste.

Saturday I was at St. Awesome's at 3:00 for a final run-through of all the songs we were playing that weekend. After playing during the 5:30 service, I came home for a quick wardrobe change then met the guys at Hooters for the beginning of Browning's Bachelor Party Night #2. We had wings and beer, then it was off to O'Neill's for Long Duk Dong. About half of the group hadn't seen or heard Long Duk Dong before, so it was a real treat for the rest of us LDD veterans to bring them into the fold. Everyone had a great time, but I had to duck out a bit early because I had to be back at St. Awesome's at 8:15 Sunday morning.

Sunday morning it was off to church to play with the Praise Team during the 9:30 and 11:15 services. Afterwards, it was over to the Stevenson's patio - sorry, I mean pavilion for Young Adults planning meeting/cookout.

I guess this weekend was fun. It went by so quickly it's all kind of a blur right now!

No comments: