Monday, November 10, 2008

Metallica in Columbus


Yesterday I made the trip up to Columbus, OH to see Metallica... again. This was Metalli-show #15 for me and it was as good as ever. These guys continue to deliver live. It's hard to believe they're all in their mid-40's. Anyway, the setlist is below. They played five songs from the new album (which I loved), but they also surprised us with several old songs that they hardly ever play live (which I loved even more). Check it out:


That Was Just Your Life
The End Of The Line
Creeping Death
Ride The Lightning
One
Broken, Beat And Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
Wherever I May Roam
Leper Messiah
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Battery
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
- - - - - - -
Die, Die My Darling
Jump In the Fire
Seek and Destroy

I know this isn't a very detailed report, but I got home at 2:59 a.m. and I'm and in that "half-asleep, half-awake" zone and my ears are still ringing. Front row at a Metallica show can drain the life right of of you, but it's worth it. Besides, with surgery coming next Monday I'm trying to squeeze in all the fun I can!

No comments: