Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I am the kind of guy that doesn't make a big deal about birthdays anymore. There are a few birthdays over the course of one's life that really "matter" - 16, 18, 21, 30, 40, 50, etc. This year I turned 32. Not exactly over the hill, but not exactly young. I guess I just feel like I'm too old to be young and too young to be old. It's a weird place to be.

Anyway, a bunch of friends and I got together yesterday to celebrate "Tax Day" since my birthday and tax day fall on the same day (and because I refused to celebrate my brithday this year). I have to say it was a blast. Leave it to the patio crew to make me forget just how old I am. They are the best friends anyone could ask for. They love me even when I am unlovable. They accept my quirks and unique personality. They make me feel like I matter, even when I feel like I have nothing to offer in return.

Thanks a lot, guys! I really appreciate you!

4 comments:

Cherlynn said...

Awwww...so sweet! Thanks Markus! We love you too!

Kelly Thorne said...

I haven't been on your blog in forever...I have lots of catching up to do!

Cherbo called you Markus...yea!

So glad that we got to celebrate "Tax Day" with you!

We love you!

Anonymous said...

We DO love you Markus...glad you enjoyed last night--it was so fun celebrating with you! I mean...having you help us with our taxes...

Christian Stevenson said...

I couldn't be more repulsed by your "tax" evading, candy ass!

Just Kidding!