Thursday, April 10, 2008

There Will Be Blood... There Will Be Freakin' Blood!!!!

Time for another movie review. I have been slowly making my way through this year's Oscar nominees. So far, this one has been the best. Daniel Day-Lewis definitely deserved the Oscar for Best Actor. He was great!

I loved this movie, although I will say, it's probably not for everyone. For instance, there is absolutely no dialogue for the first 15 - 20 minutes. I actually thought this was kinda cool. The cinematography was second to none and Jonny Greenwood did the original music, which was a definite plus.

The movie was written and directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. He has a pretty good batting average in my opinion. I loved Hard Eight, Boogie Nights and Magnolia (Punch Drunk Love was a turd, but they can't all be home runs).

I highly recommend this movie. It was well worth my time. Next up will probably be Juno, so stay tuned... Until then remember - I drink your milkshake!

No comments: